I guess you're right that there are other ways to accomplish the same goal.
A different method for scalability might be better for us especially if it
works well with MySQL which apparently does not support CFTRANSACTION.
We've been using MySQL and find it easy to work with, but weren't sure if it
is the best solution for our e-commerce.  I think CFWebstore can use any
database.

Chris