I've been wrestling with this for the last half hour and I can not decide
the best way to structure the database for a function I a programming
related to a shopping cart. It get's kind of crazy...

Each item can have a variable number of sizes.
Each size can have a variable upcharge attached to it.
Each item can have a variables number of price levels for different types of
customers with variable quantity breaks per price level.
All of the above is done. I am now trying to add in the sizes so that I can
set variable size/quantity discounts at different price levels.

If I totally normalize the new size table, given 500 products, 4 quantity
breaks, 4 sizes and 2 pricing levels, I end up with 16000 rows, albeit in a
very nicely indexable table. That's an extreme example for the probable use
of the software, but I want to make sure it doesn't break under load either.
I know 16000 rows is not a big deal for SQL Server, but since the data in
the table will be used for displaying the item, I can see it getting hit
pretty hard.

Should I be worried about this table, or does anyone have any tips?

RDBMS == SQL Server

jon