From: "Kevin Pechin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "CF-Talk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, December 07, 2001 9:47 AM
Subject: CFX Single Thread question

> Hello All,
>
> I have two cfx questions.  If you have two single threaded cfx tags
registered and running on the server (both exclusively locked) is it
possible that both can execute at the same time as different processes, or
do they both fall under the cfserver process and therefor only one executes
at a time?

> And for the second question (which kinda depends on the answer to the
first one), if you have a single threaded cfx tag and then copy the tag
physically on the server (i.e.  cfx_tag1.dll, cfx_tag1_2.dll, cfx_tag1_3.dll
..) and register each instance in the cfadmin, is each one a separate
single threaded operation which can be locked and randomly called?  If so
this could be a potential boost in performance since we can launch multiple
processes (of course if you add too many it will eat memory).