Yes, I see how that can work. Only problem is that if Item 1 exits "n" times
in Column A in database it is listed "n" times in the list. Using "GROUP BY"
on the query does not work, any way around that?

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Olive [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, December 10, 2001 2:03 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: How Do I Create Dynamic Arrays to Populate Select Boxes?

not technically correct.  it will do something like this

Column A                Column B
--------                --------
Item 1          Item 1 - Sub 1
Item 1          Item 1 - Sub 2
Item 1          Item 1 - Sub 3
Item 2          Item 2 - Sub 1
Item 2          Item 2 - Sub 2
Item 2          Item 2 - Sub 3

when selecting item 1 from the first box, it will show the subs for item
1 in the second.

christopher olive, cto, vp of web development
cresco technologies, inc
410.825.0383
http://www.crescotech.com