Either I'm having a brain fart, or I'm just clueless, but I'm having a hard
time figuring out how to do this.

I have a form with multiple items that can be ordered.  Each item can have
additional items.

The form items are populated from a query (what actual items are available
depend on current inventory).

So you want up with something like this (much simplified)

Item Name, Price, <input type=text name=quantity>
repeat
repeat
repeat

What I'm trying to figure out is how to submit the form and match up the
potentially new quantity numbers with the items the person wants more of.

In other words, when the user says he wants 3 of product A and 5 of Product
B and 0 of Product C, the response page must parse the submission so that
those numbers match.

I thought I've done this sort of thing before, or I would know how to do it
.. but I'm just blanking out.  But then the variation on anything that I've
done before like this is building the form based on a query.

I've tried doing this with lists -- trying to match the product ID and the
quantity in loops, but the ProductID hidden field doesn't always reach the
response page in the same order as the quantity field.

I've also tried arrays and structures, but there's still no reliable way to
know that the form.quanity variable is coming over in the right order to
match the loop.

I've tried doing naming the quantity field like this:
name="quanity;#productID#", but the response code doesn't like the
punctuation in the name. And if I just make the name the productID number,
there is a just in time compilation error on the form field.

I've exhausted every option of variation of the above different ways of
doing things, but I've been at it for five hours today and am losing
patience.

Suggestions, sample code on how to do this, much appreciated.

H.

Howard Owens
Internet Operations Coordinator
www.insidevc.com