Thanks for the input Jeff.

I can get my collection made with the mdvdk to be recognized by the K2
server using the alias name I've defined in the k2server.ini.
This the code im using to pull back results from it.

<cfsearch collection="myCollectionK2"
          name="qResults"
          criteria="#form.keywords#">

The mdvdk created collection does show up on the page where you define the
K2 Server Host Name & K2 Server Port.
The only place it does not show up is on the Verity Collections page.
This wont be a problem since Im using K2 and not VDK. Correct?

>>MKVDK won't create an entry in the registry, so CF really has no idea that
>>there is a collection there.  Since you are conducting your searches using
>><CFSEARCH> there has to be a registy setting there.
This is only if I need VDK right?

Thanks again

Sean