We are running a very large app here with CF5.0 and DB2 with no issues at
all re performance.  The Shared Variables issue is huge if not done
properly, here are some cost-effective ideas, if I am repeating ones
suggested I apologize.

Go into CF Admin and turn on all debugging options if possible enter
specific IP's so only these few the exploded benchmarking debug output.
Check and re check for which files are slowing things down and look closely
at the slow running pages, check for any Application, Server or Session
scoped variable reads and writes.

Look at your ColdFusion logs, particularly Application and Server, if they
are huge don't despair.  Look for any messages with "thread", "threading"
and/or "unresponsive" in them and hunt down the .cfm pages shown to contain
these words, again look for unlocked Application, Server or Session scoped
variables.

I hope this helps.

Mike Brunt
Sempra Energy
213.244.5226

"For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction."