I want to insert a date from a form, as MM/DD/YYYY
I set up an SQL Statement as follows:

<CFQUERY NAME="INSOBJ"
         DATASOURCE="uspc">
INSERT INTO t_sectest
                        (cal_date_start,
                        cal_date_end)
VALUES ('#form.cal_date_start#',
        '#form.cal_date_end#')

</cfquery>

If I set the MS Access db field as Date/Time, even with a mask of
99/99/0000;0;_ - it throws a syntax error. (I've tried it with and without
single quotes surrounding the variable).

If I set the Access db field as Text, it does take the date, but then does
not sort properly (based on ascending or descending dates).

My question, what is the correct way to format the SQL statement so that I
can insert the form.cal_date_start as a Date/Time Field in MS Access.

Thanks in advance,

Mark