What are any of these homebrew page view scripts performing that can't
be derived from the webserver logs?

Webtrends sells their Log Analyzer for $499.  How many development hours
will you spend before you've spent more than $499 of your time?  The
reporting functionality of WebTrends should be able to show you all the
bits of information you were looking for.

CF is hella powerful, and can do just about anything you'd want it to,
but reinventing the wheel doesn't have to be one of them.  Just my two
cents...

Tyler M. Fitch
Certified Advanced ColdFusion 5 Developer

ISITE Design, Inc.
615 SW Broadway Ste. 200
Portland, OR 97205

503.221.9860 ext. 111