  Maybe you should take into account that on Linux a filename can be less
thatn 5 characters (because there is no extension). And even on Win based OS
you can still have a filename shorter than 5 characters.

  I think that the following code is more appropriate:

<CFIF Trim(name) neq "." AND Trim(name) neq "..">
   ..#name#...
<CFELSE>
   we have a false directory
</CFIF>