----- Original Message -----
From: "Tony Schreiber" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Are you saying that you're allocating inventory to that person when they
put the item in their shopping cart (meaning it's no longer available for
sale)?

What I do is check inventory before it's placed in the cart to make sure
there's adequate inventory, then I ignore it... When the order is to be
placed, I re-check all the inventory and if anything is short I bounce
them back to the cart with a message about what is no longer available...