You could use the cfhtmlhead tag if you did run into problems.

-----Original Message-----
From: Andre Turrettini [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 18 January 2002 16:57
To: CF-Talk
Subject: html standards

Hey Gang, this is an odd one.  Maybe some people here have had issues
with
this and if so, I'd love to know.

Were developing a rather large applciation/intranet where there is a
fair
bit of code in application.cfm and in header files and such.  The
dsp_header.
In some pages, much of the javascript gets included with the form as a
simple script block outside the <head></head> tags.  Also, we've
recently
put some javascript code in the application.cfm file.  So, now the code
looks schematically like this:

<script>blah blah blah</script>
<head>
<script>blah blah blah</script>
</head>
<script>blah blah blah</script>
<form>blah blah blah</form>
<script>blah blah blah</script>

Ideally and probably according to w3c recomendations, it should look
like

<head>
<script>blah blah blah</script>
</head>
<form>blah blah blah</form>

But I've seen it like the first example in many places and it seems to
work
fine.  So, its certainly not xml compliant but has anybody run into any
problems doing this?  Opinions? Thoughts?

Andre Turrettini
Application Engineer
Collect America
[EMAIL PROTECTED]