Use gpg from www.gnupg.org. Same as pgp minus the gui junk. Command line
params work the same from windows to unix versions, not including the
filesystem stuff and case sensitivity. Long story short: use cfexecute to
invoke the pgp exe. Please read the man/docs before setting up a solution.
The two main concerns are pki vs symmetric crypt. One uses a public/private
key pair and the other uses a cipher. There are security concerns with both.
The trick is with the pem(password to crypt/decrypt). You need to use a file
descriptor to auto feed the pem if you are doing batch stuff.

Here are some of my notes when I was working on the command syntax:

--yes = answer yes to the overwrite question
--batch = batch mode
--armor = ascii txt output (vs. binary)
--passphrase-fd = indicates non-tty session, input passphrase from file,
necessary 0 for file descriptor
--output = output file
--symmetric = cipher encrypt, non pki.

Symmetric encrypt:
gpg --yes --batch --armor --no-tty --passphrase-fd 0 --output [output]
--symmetric [input] < [passphrase]

Pki encrypt:
gpg --yes --batch --armor --no-tty --output [output] --encrypt --recipient
[uid] [input]

Decrypt:
gpg --batch --no-tty --passphrase-fd 0 --output [output] --decrypt [input] <
[passphrase]

Good luck,

Alexander Sicular
Chief Technology Architect