From: Peter Tilbrook [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, January 25, 2002 12:00 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: UltraDev

Macromedia have diminished your right to use a third party WYSIWYG HTML
editor with ColdFusion Studio 5.

Thay have attempted to FORCE you to not only purchase Studio 5 but also
Ultradev 4.0.x. The latter product is severely lacking in it's current form.
Most CF developers could not care less about "visual development". Ultradev
asssists in some ways but generally hinders in others. Use it for a while,
especially in ColdFusion 'code complex' situations. Ultradev is a good start
but way off what serious developers need.

Can someone tell me what UltraDev adds to the Cold Fusion Studio?  I looked
at the product description and could not really get what I would have if I
had CF Sudio 5 Ultradev versus CF Studio 5.  I am contemplating whether it
is worth the money to renew my alliance.

Save your money and stick with CF 4.5.2 if you value the one-click method of
opening your current template into your preferred editor. CFS 5 removes the
choice - the same is said with the CSS editor - TopStyle.

<<

Save your money = stick with CF Studio 4.5 (SP) until MM pull there finger
out.