From: Andrew Peterson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, January 25, 2002 2:09 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: CFContent and mapped drives?

Hi,

Because CFContent is billed as having the ability to serve up files located
in non-web-accessible folders, I took that to mean that I could map to
another server from my web server and serve files located there. When I
accidently called the wrong folder on the mapped drive, CF server told me
there was no file of that name in that folder. I thought, Great! CFContent
can access a mapped drive - now I just have to supply the correct path. When
I did, I get another error message - sort of. It reads simply:

Please inform the site administrator  that this error has occurred (be sure
to include the contents of this page in your message to the administrator).
Why would CFContent be able to access a mapped drive well enough to know
that the file didn't exist, but couldn't serve up the file when the path was
correct? Apparently, it knew it was there; otherwise, I'd have gotten the
same error message as before.

Here's my code:

 <cfheader name="Content-Disposition" value="filename=#fileName#.txt">
 <cfcontent file="f:\downloads\#fileName#.txt" type="text/plain">

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Andy