From: Bruce Sorge [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, January 26, 2002 12:52 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Getting ASP Info into CF

Question,
I have been tasked to get login information from an ASP page into a CF
application, and I am not sure how to go about this. I know that I can
get CF, by way of a com object, to talk to an ASP session, but this is
not a viable solution. Here is the scenario:

User logs into a site hosting an ASP login page, and they go about doing
whatever it is they want to do. At some point, they will click on a link
that brings in a CF application within an iframe. What I want is to be
able to capture that information into the CF application, check it
against the database that I have, and if they pass then they go on in.
Otherwise, they are required to re-authenticate. Also, at some point,
they may have to pass some CF information into an ASP application.
The problem is that these two applications are being hosted at two
separate companies, so the ASP app server and the CF app server are in
two separate locations. Is this doable?

Thanks,

Bruce Sorge