Once in a blue moon yes.
  I believe Michael was referring to the decryption of the ColdFusion
administrator templates when he said it was a violation of the license
agreement.  If you own the code, but have lost the source for whatever
reason...  decrypting is probably legit.
  In an effort to keep this on topic, I will stop speaking now.

At 03:30 PM 01/28/2002 -0800, you wrote:
>What if Ray is working on an application developed for a client by a 3rd
>party and they encrypted the Application.cfm and a few other key pages.
>He needs to now decrypt those pages for maintenance?   Would he be
>violating any licenses then?
>
>The general use of cfdecrypt seems to be for bad, but it can serve a
>legit purpose once in a blue moon.
>
>Right Ray?

Jeffry Houser | mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
AIM: Reboog711  | ICQ: 5246969 | Fax / Phone: 860-223-7946
--
Need a Web Developer?  Contact me!
My Book: Instant ColdFusion 5  | http://www.instantcoldfusion.com