Thanks to everyone for feedback on this issue.  This point that Matt
Robertson raises is an interesting one.  It does seem logical to me
that the
completion rate for a long single-page form would be different from
that of
a multi-page form.  I am a little confused, though, because the long
form
that you propose, Matt, even though it is actually one long form,
appears to
the user as though it is a multi-page form.  So the difference in
completion
rate cannot fairly be attributed to difference in user experience.
Does
that sound right to you?  If not, please let me know.  I may have
misunderstood something.

In any case, as I said, it's a very interesting point.  I was wondering
whether anyone else had any experience in comparing the two methods
(long
single form vs. multi-part form) that they would mind relating for the
list.

Thanks,
Matthieu