I used the two together for a few years, it saved my bacon a few times
too!!

I found it very useful for several reasons including, a history of
changes, code could be recoevered in the event of deleting files, and
the ability to rollback to any previous version of the file.  All normal
source control things really.

Since switching to Linux for development, I still use Source Control in
the form of cvs. Wouldn't code without it now!