From: James Sleeman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2002 1:26 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: little OT, getting DataTypeEnum from DAO

Hi all,
I'm doing a little experimentation with getting table & field
information
from Access using some code Brendan Avery posted (RE: SQL for grabbing
list
of tables in DB / fields in table?). My intention is to use this
information to further automate the creation of administration systems.

Anyway, I've got it sussed to the point of being able to get the table
names, field names, types, sizes, wether they are required etc, however

the
types are defined as an integer which is identified by a DAO constant.

Now, I know nothing really about this whole COM business, I used
"Object
Browser" in access and found DAO.DataTypeEnum holds all these
constants,
but how do I get that information into CF ?

Here is the code as it stands...

<CFOBJECT TYPE="COM" ACTION="CREATE" NAME="objAccess"
CLASS="Access.Application">
<CFSET objDBEngine=objAccess.DBEngine>
<CFSET
objDatabase=objDBEngine.OpenDatabase("d:\jobs\web-fusion\Dist_demonstr

ator_c
lient\_database\ECommerce.mdb")>
<CFSET objTableDefs=objDatabase.TableDefs>

<CFLOOP COLLECTION="#objTableDefs#" ITEM="tableDef">
<CFOUTPUT>
<H3>#tableDef.Name#</H3>
<CFFLUSH>
<CFLOOP COLLECTION="#tableDef.Fields#" ITEM="field">
#field.Name# (#field.Type#, #field.Size#, #field.Required#)<BR>
<CFFLUSH>
</CFLOOP>
</CFOUTPUT>
</CFLOOP>