From: Peter Tilbrook [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2002 7:47 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Hijacking of CFID/CFTOKEN variables. Help please :)

Hi there!

I'm having problems with a "fusebox" application that requires unique
identification for each client connected. At the moment it appears that
users
are able to bookmark the applications full URL including the CFID and
CFTOKEN -
essentially hijacking the settings assigned to a previous client. Not
good.

To prevent this occurring what wouyld be the best solution?

I've considered this:

1. Embedding the main content of the site in a frame that would prevent
a user
from bookmarking the site with the CFID/CFTOKEN variables embedded. This
would
force CF to either identify a revisiting client or assign a new
CFID/CFTOKEN
value. This would also prevent a user from "changing" the CFID/CFTOKEN
values.

2. Somehow dumping the CFID/CFTOKEN and assigning a new one if it
already
exists. The values are being stored in a datasource.

Any other ideas? I need to sort this out by Monday at the earliest.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Peter Tilbrook ([EMAIL PROTECTED])