From: Dave Watts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2002 10:39 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Checkbox

> Another option here is to include a pre-checked radio
> button with only one choice.

Well, yeah, that's an option. Still, this whole thing makes me think of
the
trick birthday candles that relight themselves. People have
expectations
when they use HTML forms. Those expectations are built over time, based
on
the HTML forms they've already encountered. It's usually a good idea to
stay
within those expectations.

When I see any sort of HTML form widget, I expect to be able to
manipulate
it. Otherwise, why use an HTML form widget at all?

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496
fax: (202) 797-5444