> I actually tried outputting the CFCATCH.type, and it just
> gives me an "UNKNOWN". Also, it does not fail silently; it
> generates a CF error page, which is why I was looking to
> trap it.
>
> My ultimate goal was to trap the bad file type error, and
> re-direct back to the calling page alerting the user to the
> problem. If I use "Any" as the exception type, then I can't
> know for sure that it was a bad file type versus another
> problem.

You might find some specific information in some of the other CFCATCH
variables. You might simply use CFDUMP to display the entire CFCATCH scope,
and see what might work for you.

> Would a custom type be possible here? To be honest, I've read
> up on how to use it, but I can't figure out how exactly to
> implement it (specifically, how it works). I didn't find
> their example to be helpful at all.

Custom types are only available when you create your own errors using
CFTHROW. Typically, you're only going to use them with custom tags.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496
fax: (202) 797-5444