> I have changed the SQL Server security tab settings on the
> server to allow "SQL Server & Windows" authentication. I have
> set the DSN up on my local machine using Windows ODBC and it
> verifies fine. I then look it up in the CF administrator and
> it fails. I have tried:
>
> - Named pipes in the client network utility
> - Named pipes in the client network utility and "use trusted
> connection" checked in the CF administrator
> - TCPIP in the client network utility
> - TCPIP in the client network utility and "use trusted connection"
> checked in the CF administrator
>
> I am sure that the username and password are correct - and the
> Control Panel ODBC applet is able to test the connection
> successfully no matter which combination of the above I use.

When you test it through the ODBC control panel, are you able to connect by
entering a username and password there?

> Any other ideas as to what the problem is? Could it be something
> to do with user permissions for IIS on my local machine?

No, IIS permissions aren't relevant for SQL Server connections from CF
application pages. CF Server permissions may be relevant - that is, if
you're running CF Server within the SYSTEM security context, and you're
trying to connect to a remote SQL Server using a trusted connection, it
won't work.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496