Kay,

If you search this lists archive this article shows how to delay
execution:

http://www.mail-archive.com/cf-talk@houseoffusion.com/msg69317.html

---------snip--------

<CFSET started = now()>
<!--- set the number of seconds to wait --->
<CFSET finished = DateAdd("s", 3, now())>

<CFSCRIPT>
x = 1;
// re-set the initial var to now() until it catches up
with the number of seconds to wait
while (DateCompare(started, finished, "s") LTE 0) {
        started = now();
        //writeoutput(x & "... still waiting <br />");
        //x = IncrementValue(x);
}
</CFSCRIPT>

---------end snip----

Although, wouldn't it be better to return the response immediately and
in
some permanent storage remove/disable the login for X amount of
seconds?

Jared Clinton
NEC Australia