Can CF do this?

We have a Brio application server that stores .bqy files. We want to keep
the .bqy files on the Brio server. Our CF/web server is a separate box. We
want to create a CF page that will cycle through files on the Brio app
server and return a page with a list of links. By selecting a link the user
would be able to download a file to their PC.

Can CF work across servers like this?

Is cfdirectory appropriate for this kind of thing?

Is cfdirectory limited to the local server on which it is installed?

Would this require a virtual folder pointing from the web server to the Brio
application server?

Any suggestions on how best to approach this?

Thanks!

George