Hi, All:

I have a program that requires user login(username, password).  After
the users log in the system, I use a session variable to store the users
IDs and other users' data to determine whether they are allowed to visit
certain pages.  I don't have the control over how long the users can
stay in the site, and I don't have the control over the setting of
session variable expiration time on CF server(I don't host the system).
As you know the session variable expires after certain period of time,
e.g. 20 minutes set by CF server as default.  If the session expires,
then the users can't go anywhere.  I don't want them to experience such
situation either.  I suspect I shouldn't use session variable at all.
Is cookie a better choice in this case?  How do you guys do when dealing
with such situation?  Any idea is appreciated.

Nathan Chen