How do Siteobjects get the feature 'MS Word' Spell Check to work? Does th
client need to have MS Word installed on their pc? if so how is it
referenced, through the Microsoft DOM ?

As if my memory serves me write these editors are based on the Microsoft
DHTML Edit Control,

http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/samples/internet/default.asp?url=/D
ownlo
ads/samples/Internet/browser/editcntrl/Default.asp

What benefits does the SiteObjects, offer over the above or are they the
same product?

With the features offered are these custom to the Product above or are yo
just using JS and DHTML to invoke other processess such as Spell Checking
,
Inserting Images from the DOM ?