From: Jason Davis [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, February 24, 2002 4:24 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Experts Only! - Summarizing Results

I'm running a full text search on my Product table using MSSearch
service.

Query looks something like this:

SELECT Product_title,Product_description
FROM Products
WHERE CONTAINS (*,'"#Query_filtered#"')

Where Query_filtered is something similiar to "deskjet|printer|hp"

Anyhow, in the end I'm recivng the entire Product_description (about 4K
varchar)
to output in <CFOUTPUT>, for every result - problem is - I want to
display a
summarize result (like google does) and NOT something simple as,
a mid, with 100 characters to the left/right.

I've thought of a mechanisem, but can't seem to code it - idea is to
find the positions of each word start/end, increase those "markers" by
|10|
range (both sides) and assemble a 2-3 sentences, connected via "..."

for example: 50-55, 60-63, 91-95
would be: 40-65, 50-73, 81-105 and then:
I can make a "long" sentence out of 40-73 (2 words are in the same
range),
then I add "..." and glue a sentence from 81 to 105.

I will need to treat spaces in the end, also (not to cut into a word,
just on
spaces.. but that's another process..) - any help will be appriciated!

Experts only? I think...