I've installed the SDK and VS.net on my personal machines, which run
Win2k server/ CF5/ SQL 2000 and had no problems. I can't think of a
reason why dotNet would conflict with CF in any way. VS.net does change
some IIS settings, but VS wont be on a production server anyway so that
shouldn't be an issue. I'd be more worried about the performance
problems that MDAC 2.7 had when it was first released. I'm not sure if
that has been fixed yet or not...

jon