>We received the following error from CF 5.0 this morning:

>Error Occurred While Processing Request
>Error Diagnostic Information
>An error has occurred while processing the expression:
>

>webroot=CFTempOnlyForSetVariableNeverUseThisNameInYourCFMLCode12233344445555
>5654321
>
>The reason for the error is unknown.
>
>The error occurred while processing an element with a general identifier of
>(CFPARAM), occupying document position (7:1) to (7:40).
>

>Date/Time: 02/27/2002 06:56:43 AM
>Browser: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.01; Windows NT; SSA IWS/LAN;
>501SP1/BB; 501SP1/IWSLAN-R)
>Remote Address: 10.31.64.38
>

>This error seems to point to the first cfparam in the following code in our
>application.cfm file:

><!--- Must use this file with folder emis           --->
><!--- Rename to application.cfm when using          --->
><!--- Rename to application_emis.cfm when not using --->
>
><cfapplication name="emis">
>
><cfparam name="webroot" default="/emis">
><cfparam name="includesDir" default="/emis/includes">
><cfparam name="imagesDir" default="/emis/images">
><cfparam name="menusDir" default="/emis/menus">
><cfparam name="templatesDir" default="/emis/templates">
><cfparam name="smapDir" default="/emis/smap">
>
>We stopped and restarted the CF Application Service and that got us back in
>business.
>
>Has anyone else seen this error? Did you determine what caused it and how
>fix it?
>
>We just upgraded to CF 5.0 last week. Before that the application ran
>without incident on CF 4.5.1 from last November.
>
>Our initial investigation suggests that we should wrap a cflock around the
>six cfparam tags in our application.cfm file shown above. Does this make
>sense? Or should we wrap a cflock around each cfparam?
>
>These cfparam statements are setting up paths that allow us to cfinclude
>header and footer files throughout our site. If we use the cflock tag
>should
>we use the read only type attribute?

I have seen this error message on two frequent occasions when people have
presented it. The two possibilities are:

1. You use session variables or client variables without enabling them if
your CFAPPLICATION tag. Seeing as your error is with a CFPARAM, this is not
likely, though I do notice that you do not enable either of those two scopes
in your CFAPPLICATION tag.

2. You are using a CF reserved word. Looking at the line that's throwing the
error, I think that webroot is a reserved word. Try changing the variable
name and see what that does for you.

Also, I assume that the directory references you make are virtual mappings
in CF Administrator? You can't refer to a directory that is not virtually
mapped by typing "/emis" ... you would have to type "./emis" or whatever the
relative path is to that directory.

Hope this helps,
Dave.