From: Crispin Ryan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 28 February 2002 10:38
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Problem query

Hi all

This was obviously a tricky question since I got no response - so I'll
repost it below. BTW the tables aren't set in stone - they could be
redesigned to make this work.

I need to display teaching resources assigned to a course.

Each course should show:
All resource names, and the total number of each resource booked on that
date.

Right now there are three tables:

resources (resource_id, description, total_available)
resources allocated: (allocation_id, resource_id, event_id)
and events with event_id and event_date

So far the closest I've got is

<cfquery name="GetRecord" datasource="#variables.database#">
SELECT DISTINCT SUM(Resource_Allocation.Resource_Id)AS
Booked,Resources.Total_Available, Resources.Description,
Events.Event_Date
FROM   Events,Resources,Resource_Allocation
WHERE  Resource_Allocation.Resource_Id = Resources.Resource_Id

AND    Resource_Allocation.Event_Id = Events.Event_Id
AND    Events.Event_Date = #variables.EventDate#
GROUP BY  Resources.Description,
Resources.Total_Available,Events.Event_Date
</cfquery>

But this only shows the resources booked for that day, not the whole
list
of resources

I'm grateful if anyone can help

Crispin Ryan