> Question, the limit simultaneous request setting, does that
> set it so cf allocates one thread for every process? So it
> does not create child threads from the parent thread for
> another process - like in unix,java? Just trying to get a
> grasp on exactly how CF handles threads. Any advice is
> appreciated.

First, let me qualify this by saying I'm not exactly sure how threading is
handled by CF on Unix platforms. On Windows, CF creates as many "worker"
threads as you specify in the CF Administrator within the setting you
mentioned. CF has one thread which acts as a dispatcher to those worker
threads. If CF receives more requests than it has threads that aren't busy,
those requests are queued.

On Windows, at least, this model is supposed to be more efficient than
creating threads at runtime as they may be needed.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496
fax: (202) 797-5444