From: Julia Green [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, 6 March 2002 10:02 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: ASP Question because my manager wouldn't acceot ColdFusion

I hope this is acceptable to ask as people ask Javascript questions
sometimes.

But how do you cast an autonumber in an Access table to a text string
in ASP.  Does anyone know the answer to this...

The originating html form has the text name ID...

<%@ Language=VBScript%>
<!--#INCLUDE FILE="ADOvbs.inc"-->
<%
Dim oRS, sqltext, varID, varID2
Set oRS=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
varID=Request.Form("ID")
oRS.Fields("ID").value=CStr(varID)
sqltext="Select * from EMAIL WHERE ID='" & varID & "';"
oRS.open sqltext, "DSN=emaildev", adOpenKeyset, adLockOptimistic
'If oRS.EOF or varID2="" Then
'Response.Redirect("updateoops.asp")
'End If
%>

Need help thanks... I wrote the whole thing successfully in ColdFusion,
but my manager didn't want to buy it.

Julia Green
Julia Computer Consulting