> The 5 may roll over to MX. The last time I talked to some one at then
> allaire about it they told me that they were going to roll up one
> version. So from 4.5 to 5 makes sense but not another, so 5 may go to 6.
> 5 was quite enhanced over 4.5 as well, granted not as drastic but
> still...
>
> I bet (IMHO) that 5 will roll up one. But I'd ask if it's really that
> big of deal. MX is still months away.

I would be extremely suprised if they carry over 4.5 or 5 certifications to
Neo. Remember, you talked to somebody at *Allaire*, not Macromedia. There is
a subtle, yet distinguishable difference, and times have certainly changed
from the Allaire days. I would say without hesitation that the feature
enhancement from 4.5 to 5 is squat compared to the enhancements from CF 5 to
CF MX. Yes, Neo still uses the same tag-based features we're all used to,
but the extensibility, flexibility, and sheer power of Neo blows away any
previous version. At the risk of the NDA, I'll stop there, but I think you
get my point.

Although, as you said, CF MX is a bit of a ways off, let alone an official
certification test for it, I would guess. So getting certified is never a
bad idea.

Regards,