From: Jeff Fongemie [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, March 06, 2002 15:50
To: CF-Talk
Subject: suggestion on complicated form design.

Hello cf-talk,

  I'm about to build a fairly complicated form.

  It will require a getting a list of names, and the age and sex of
  each person.

  I will need to enforce the age and sex requirement of each name
  listed.

  Option 1. Build a form with lots many fields for name, age and sex.
  Once submitted, check for a value in the name field, then check for
  a value in the age and sex field. If there is a value in a name
  field, and no age or sex fields, give them the form back to fix.
  This sounds like a ton of work. Will need up to 12 names on the
  form.

  Option2. Ask how many names they will give, then provide a dynamic
  form with exactly the number of fields they need. Enforce
  everything.

  Anyother suggestions? This sounds like a real nightmare. Any tips or
  suggestions before I dive into this would be most appreciated!

Best regards,
 Jeff Fongemie                          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Composed on Wednesday, March 06, 2002, at 10:43:55 AM