From: Will Swain [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 06 March 2002 17:29
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: form variables in structures

Hi Mike,

Another question to see if anyone can help.

I want to count the total value of some dynamic variables, but only
particular ones. I am selecting which ones from a query, then outputting
the results and looping through the Form collection. However, my counter
never seems to display, and this code doesn't work. Can you see why?

<cfquery name="getmaincourses" datasource="#Request.App.dsn#">
        SELECT *
        FROM tbl_menuitems
        WHERE venueID = #venue#
        AND courseID = 3
</cfquery>

<!--- initialise counter --->

<cfset counter = 0>

<!--- output query, checking if a main course was selected and if it was
then adding the value of it to the counter --->

<cfoutput query="getmaincourses">

        <CFLOOP COLLECTION="#FORM#" ITEM="frmVar">

        <cfif frmVar IS "#menuitemID#">

                <cfset counter = #counter# + #Form[frmVar]#>

        </cfif>

        </cfloop>

</cfoutput>

<cfif counter NEQ Form.noofdiners>

Not the same

<cfelseif counter EQ Form.noofdiners>

The same

</cfif>

 but I get this error:

An error occurred while evaluating the expression:

 counter = #counter# + #Form[frmVar]#

Error near line 52, column 9.
----
----