From: list peters [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, March 07, 2002 8:22 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: CF_FakeURL problems

hi,

I have implemented something like cf_fakeUrl before but i came across
some problems.

*  The url string messed up relative links.  eg ../file.cfm doesnt work
because the url string is sometihng like /page.cfm/id/6/page/front/ so
./ would put me in directory that doesnt exist!

Also, it caused the same problems using relative links to images.

I fixed this problem by using the base tag to let the browser know where
we were.

Unfortunately, on mac os X IE the browser didnt seem to understand the
base tag and users reported broken images, bad links, etc.

My solution was to use absolute url's for images and links.

This is easy, but my *whole* site is using relative links, and it would
be a pain to convert everything to absolute links.

My question is, have people had these problems, or is there something in
fakeurl that solves this problem?

Do i just have to convert everything to absolute url's?

thanks
chad