Jeff,

Just pass the list from one release to the next using hidden form fields,
along with an index number for the next name.  You will actually only have
to write this one time, so you can just keep going back to this same release
for each of the 8 people.  Plus, you never have to worry about being limited
to 8.  For example, in the release write this:
<form action="release.cfm">
<!--- First, keep all of the list for each page --->
<input type="hidden" name="namelist" value="#form.namelist#">
<!--- Next, get the current position --->
<cfset thisposition = #form.position#>
<!--- Now set up the next position for this form submittal --->
<cfset nextposition = thisposition + 1>
<input type="hidden" name="position" value="#nextposition#">

<!--- Display the name for this release form --->
<cfoutput>
    #listgetat(form.namelist,thisposition)#
</cfoutput>

<input type="submit" name="next" value="next">
</form>