From: Brian Scandale [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2002 3:00 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: popUp Window trouble

One of my popUps always uses the same window for display... as expected.
The other always generates a new window... (which clutters the desktop
and uses resources). Both are called from the same page.

I have a header that always has a help button in it. It calls help.cfm
which pops up a help window with the contents of #Client.HelpIs#. If I
navigate to a new page and press help, the old help window repopulates
with New help info.

Another page has a list of items each with a button for "Details" by
each lineitem. Every press of the detail button brings up a new
DetailWindow, ...even If I press the SAME Detail button. I am looking
for all details to use the same window.

As far as I can tell it is identical code... so I'm at a adjust this.

The code:
<head>
        <!--
        window.name = "theAppWindow";
        var newWin;
        function popUp(page, name, details) {
        newWin=window.open(page, name, details);
        newWin.focus();
        return false;
        }
        //-->
</script>
</head>

'width=400,height=500')">Help</a>

popUp('index.cfm?fuseaction=Work.StepDetail&Step=1', 'theDetailWindow',
'width=600,height=500')">DETAILS></a>

As it so happens... the href= is of no consequence... i can put anything
in there... it's the popUp('page' that counts.

Anybody know how I might start trying to fix this?

thanks,
Brian