The account that Cold Fusion runs under does not have permission to access
the share, but IIS does.  Therefore when an HTML request is received IIS
handles it fine, but when a request for a CFM file is received IIS hands it
off to CF which cannot find the file since access is denied.

Modify the account CF runs under.

In NT go to the Services in the Control Panel and highlight Cold Fusion
Application Server.  Click STARTUP and at the bottom specify an account that
has access to the share.  Stop and restart CF.

Bryan Love
  Macromedia Certified Professional
  Internet Application Developer
  Database Analyst
Telecommunication Systems
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"...'If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have
peace'..."
        - Thomas Paine, The American Crisis