Ok I have a textarea. Once the user types in the info they have 2 choices-
1. save info or 2.check spelling which will save the work when spell check
complete.
They both work fine on their own individually. But when a user uses "" I
replace them with ' while the spell check runs then I set it back to ""
before the save operation.
<CFSET CommentForPeriod=Replace(Comment,"'",'"', 'ALL')>
Spell check still works fine.  But if a user then decides to hit the
ordinary save button afterwards the textarea fills up with all the code- as
if I plopped in view source into the text area.

It does work between the two if I use the trim function when I am adding the
data.
UPDATE t_Comments
SET Comment= '#TRIM(Comment)#'
But of course I then lose the formatting/indents that the user adds.
Anyone see this before or have any ideas?
Thanks in advance