I am getting an error message about my database being locked by 'admin' and
was wondering if anyone out there has any suggestions:

Message: ODBC Error Code = S1000 (General error)<P>
Native error code: -1102
SQLState: S1000
Detail: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Could not update;
currently locked by user 'admin' on machine 'MYMACHINE'.<P><P>Data Source =
"mydatasource"<P>

In the archives I found that this may be because the database is corrupt --
I've run the compression/correction option on it (MS-Access database), but
this keeps happening.

The database this error occurs on is my visitors log -- for every page hit I
write out a record w/ the HTTP referrer, USER_AGENT, date/time, etc.  The
website isn't high-volume at all (i.e. averaging around 1000 page hits/day),
but when these errors come up IS when there are a relatively large number of
page requests (for this website) within a short period of time.  ODBC
problem?  MDAC?  Need to upgrade to SQL server?  :)

TIA,
David

David Grabbe
Manager, Information Systems