From: Owens, Howard [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, March 18, 2002 7:04 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: (OT) IIS Question for Local Server and Host file

Is it possible set up my local IIS server to do something like this:

http://somealias/

And send that request to a specified sub folder on my server.

I've added this line to my "hosts" file:

127.0.0.1       somealias

But all that does is send me to the same page as "localhost"

I want to make it so that the server treats "somealias" as the root (thereby
getting the same file path behavior as I'll get on the production server).

I've tried mucking about with the IIS admin and haven't found the solution
there yet either.

H.