From: phumes1 [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2002 7:07 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Running code just one time

Hi,

This is regarding a post from yesterday. Maybe I didn't explain it
properly. I had mentioned a custom tag but for now
lets just forget about it.

I am running IIS on NT 4. All users have accounts on the system.  In IIS
under the "Default Web Site Properties" I went into
the "Directory Security" tab and disabled the "Anonymous Access" and
enabled the "NT Windows Challenge/Response" only.

Now when users try to access the web page they are prompted with a
username/password Windows authentication dialog.

If the correct username/password are entered the user is redirected to my
index.cfm file.

This is what I would like to do.

Within my index.cfm or application.cfm file I want to check if this is the
first time that the index.cfm file is loaded. If so, do something otherwise
do nothing.

Below is just an example...

index.cfm or application.cfm
--------------------------------------

- Check to see if this is the first time index.cfm file is loaded (at login
time)

    - If so dump some test

       If index.cfm is loaded any other time do nothing

I'm not sure how to incorporate this?

--------+

Philip Humeniuk
[EMAIL PROTECTED]