Help me please.  I am looking for the SQL function so that i can replace values i am
selecting with other values.  here is an example of how the function works, if someone
could just tell me the name.

say i have a table of users. and i want to select their gender, but the gender is
stored as numbers 1 and 2 but i want to output them as M or F

SELECT FunctionIDontKnow(Gender, 1, 'M', 2, 'F') AS GenderAbbr
FROM Users

The function can have many many pairs of replacement values.

syntax FunctionIDontKnow(column_name, 'column_value', 'replace_with' [,'column_value',
'replace_with'...])

somepne please help, i know it exists, i ran accross it a few months back when i was
looking for something else.  Now i can't find it again.