From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, March 21, 2002 7:10 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Problem with math in query !!!

Hi, I'm having a prob. with the following query to generate a report.
There are 3 colums called:

pastdue30
pastdue60
payments
region

So what I'm trying to do is add up pastdue30 and pastdue60 amounts and
then minus payments - which is payment a customer has made to show what
the net balance is thats still owed.

The report needs to display only customers who are past due more than
$1, hence the attempt to define this through the WHERE clause.

<CFQUERY NAME="accountsreceivable" DATASOURCE="data">
SELECT  region, payments - (pastdue30 + pastdue60) as netdue FROM
accounts_receivable where (payments) - (pastdue30 + pastdue60) > 1 order
by total_due ASC </CFQUERY>

Any ideas where I might be messing up on this code?

Also, if you wanted to summarize totals by region, and show the % each
region is contributing to the overall total of past due accounts with
the company, whats the best way to write a query for that?

Thanks,
Pardee.