From: Mark A. Kruger - CFG [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2002 10:57 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: MS SQL logon help!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!

Amanda - do you mean MS SQL is on the server in question? You could try the
following:  Log in as local adminsitrator (or domain admin) and try starting
the service.  If it does not start from the services control panel, try
resetting the username and password it's using to login (click on login and
choose "login as...."). You will need to do this for mssql and
sqlserveragent (if you have backup and other jobs scheduled). If that
doesn't work you can try the command line options - which starts SQL server
in single user mode for emergencies... it's well documented in the server
documentation.  If the problem is a corrup MASTER database, you will need to
follow the instructions for restoring a corrupt master database from backup
(not trivial).