It is impossible to do this.  IIS will always create the directory.

Joel

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Watts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, March 28, 2002 2:07 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: IIS 5 WWW-Server and writing of logfiles

> well, you can change the location of the logs when creating
> the virtual domains.  point them at the same file.  of
> course, you may run into some SERIOUS concurrency issues with
> two ISAPI processes writing to the file at the same time.  as
> far as i've seen (YMMV, of course), the process holds the
> file open until it hits the rotation point.  i can't predict
> that good things will happen when you ask two procs to have
> the same file open.

In the IIS management console, I don't think it's possible to point two
virtual servers to the same file. You can simply point them to a
directory, and they'll then create a subdirectory within that directory
based on the internal virtual service name (W3SVCx).

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496
fax: (202) 797-5444