Sorry I didn't respond immediately- I went home sick yesterday afternoon.
The 2nd example shows the correct person but everyone comes up with the 1st
persons answers.  When I do a regular output each person comes up with the
correct answers--once I add cfset each person receives the answers for the
1st person!
I originally did a join (there are 6 tables making the actual table- 2 of
which are one to many)and used CFPROCRESULT to get the answers.  Again
getting the output format wasn't working correctly when using the cfset-
once I did a cfset it would only give me one page for the results- showing
the first person's name/answers-when I looped it I got many pages- each page
had the 1st persons name/answers.

I then did my stored procedure with 2 queries one pulls all the "one to one"
info and then the second one that pulls the "one to many" info.  I use
several CFPROCRESULT tags to display the info.
Again it displays fine until I add in the cfset tags.  (But when I do the
exact thing as 2 separate cfqueries and use the cfset it works like a
charm!)

I find this very bizarre.  I have them (cfquery/cfproc) literally set up the
same- they both work fine with a regular cfoutput- add the cfset and
suddenly the stored procedure doesn't put out the info that needs to loop
(ie: the answers)...
Can someone do a small demo and see if they get the same results?
Thanks
ps. my first cfoutput in my code did use the id as a group-I just forgot to
put that in:
<CFOUTPUT QUERY="QOne" GROUP="ID">